All businesses are required to be licenced under the Business Licence Act 2010. A non-Bahamian applying to conduct a specific business in The Bahamas for a period of time is required to apply for a Temporary Business Licence.
- A non Bahamian Company
- Bahamian company with non-Bahamian partnership
- A foreign person
- Register online via https://vat.revenue.gov.bs/.
- Scan and upload the approvals along with other supporting documents in the online application form in the ‘Supporting Documents’ section.
- Ensure the online Business Registration Application form indicates that it is a Temporary Licence.
Supporting Documents (scan and upload in the ‘Supporting Documents’ section of the online form)
- Approval from The Bahamas Investment Authority or the Ministry of Finance.
- National Insurance Board Registration Number/Letter of Good Standing
- Certificate of Incorporation along with the annual company registration fee payment receipt or Certificate of Good Standing
- Copy of the contract
- Related Taxes: The tax payable is calculated @ 1.5% of the value of the contract
Once all document requirements are met and approved, the application is then processed within 7 working days. The Department of Inland Revenue will contact the applicant via the online user account for additional information or clarification if needed. You should regularly check your messages in your online account and the email address you provided for correspondence from the Department.
|Temporary Business Licence Requirements|