Assessment of Real Property Tax
Assessments are carried out by the Department of Inland Revenue to determine the value of a property and its related property taxes. An assessment can be initiated by the property owner or by The Department of Inland Revenue. A Real Property may fall into one of the following categories:
- Owner Occupied
- Vacant Land
All Property Owners.
- If a request is made by the owner of the property, the following forms must be completed and submitted to the Real Property Tax Valuation Unit:
- In regards to owner occupied properties, the owner is also required to complete a Affirmation form to facilitate tax exemptions on the section that they live in.
- A field visit is conducted and information gathered is used to determine the value of the property and to calculate the real property tax liability
- The Department will inform the owner of the tax liability.
- Property owners can pay property tax using several methods