Procedures for participating Merchants in the “Hurricane Supplies Tax Holiday 2021” are:
- The tax holiday begins on the 9th July, 2021 and ends on the 31st July, 2021.
- The items on the ‘hurricane supplies’ list are the items to be zero rated.
- Inventory listings are to clearly indicate the sku# and item description of the item sold as
- Pricing and signage must reflect that the VAT Inclusive price is at a Zero percent rate.
- On VAT returns for the month of August or for the quarter ended September, 2021 as
appropriate please ensure that all ‘tax holiday’ sales are recorded on the line that records
Zero rated Sales i.e. line 1.
- For the days that Zero rated sales are made you are expected to retain detailed electronic
Sales reports. These reports should be capable of detailing the quantity of items sold, the
sku# and description of the items sold and the price charged the customer.
- A merchant may accommodate purchases on Layaway at any time prior to the tax
- Law away purchases may be charged at the tax holiday prices only where the lay away is
completed within the period in which the tax holiday is in force. The purchase is not considered completed until the goods are delivered to the purchaser. S32 (3) VATA. So that for example Mr. Rolle can lay away his tarps and other supplies on the 1st July and pick up on the 31st July, 2021. Mr. Rolle may complete his purchase VAT Zero rated.
- Completed Zero rated layaway sales are to be reported in accordance with paragraph 4 through 7 above.